FountStart-ups was created when Rachel combined her first business, AirLocations, with her passion behind FountLondon. AirLocations was created almost two decades ago and has been nurturing creative start-up businesses since. Whilst AirLocations is a mixture of residential and commercial spaces, FountStart-ups focuses solely on the commercial property. It made sense to merge the two brands to ensure that all small businesses are showcased in the best possible way and are given the correct spaces to best suit their brand.
When the expansion to FountShoreditch began, much like with any business analysis, there is often opportunity to create something which is usually hidden. It’s the upturning of information, looking at the finer details and the realisation that not all is always as it seems. So, we’d like to present all of our hidden gems under FountStart-ups:
Working off of the FountLondon tagline (EAT-PLAY-SHOP-WORK-EVENTS), each space doesn’t necessarily provide all of those things, the combination of them all will ensure that every aspect is covered.
61 Hackney Road
This FountStart-ups space boasts three self-contained SHOP, WORK AND EVENTS areas:
– The lower ground basement which is perfect for amenities, office use, a creative studio etc. This space is currently occupied by Shoreditch Dog House.
– The main shop space will be a rotating pop-up space; with retail frontage and big windows for displays, this space is a great space for emerging retail brands. This space is currently housing Design & That until June 2020 with their first bricks and mortar.
– The side shop is a smaller version of the main space, with retail frontage and display windows, this space has been used as an offline shop, gallery space, salon and even a workspace. At present, it is housing Ejiro’s Studio, which provides sugaring and beauty treatments.
56 Middlesex Street
The only current FountStart-up space to house a combined EAT and SHOP aspect, 56 Middlesex Street contains:
– A café/retail space which is currently occupied by 1n1 Fashion n Pizza. The perfect mix of food and fashion with a shop front and display windows.
– 3 x WORK spaces located on the upper floors, perfect for creative studios and spaces, offices and co-working opportunities. These spaces are currently occupied by various therapy rooms.
70 Paul Street
This FountStart-up space is currently full and focuses around the WORK aspect of the brand; it houses brands over five floors of creative space:
– 2 x design studio, currently occupied by Props Limited and Brodie Neil
– 2 x studio spaces, which is where the FountLondon magic currently happens.
Each space has been designed to accommodate small, creative start-up businesses. However, we do have some long term spaces where start-up brands are able to move onto – all within the Shoreditch area.
The whole point of FountStart-ups is to make highly sought after commercial spaces available and financially accessible for smaller brands. Bringing some of the long lost creativity back to Shoreditch.